Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving

11.11.12
Giving thanks is a conscious decision we need to make daily. So last night at our house meeting we began by listing the things that we were thankful for in our Dorm...

Jose said, "For my 10 new brothers."
Miguel- "For the experiences we do together, like on Saturday when we all went to the girl's Basketball game."
Costi- "I'm thankful for Pizza Hut Pizza on Saturday nights!"
Santi- "For this experience"

I'm thankful for this opportunity to share life with 11 International boys! I'm thankful for the sound of the ping pong balls hitting the table as they challenge each other to a friendly match. I'm thankful for our Cook- Nancy, and our Janitor-Yvonne. I'm thankful for cable T.V and wifi in the dorm. :) I'm thankful for a beautiful 75 degree day in November! 

 I'm thankful when the boys display kindness as when Jose offered to give up his chicken last night so that Bruno could have some. When Yannic lost his wallet and Costi offered to go back to the school to help him look for it. When Keita, Fan, and Costi helped with chores last night when it was not their job this week. When Miguel took time to play with my biological boys. When Keita played 'tag' with Caleb. When Jose missed the Sports Bus because he was looking for Keita to make sure Keita had a ride home. When Thanh bought fruit snacks and beef jerky for Caleb and Micah. When the boys bought their host parents gifts from their countries. When Santi went to watch and support his host brother at his soccer game. When Oscar helped us move our items into the dorm. When Yannic and Fan helped me with my computer. When Arthur helps take pictures for the blog. These acts of Kindness show the character of the students here and that is refreshing to see!!

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment